Weekend Format – SCROLL DOWN FOR NEW XR CLASSES!!
SATURDAY OPEN RIDING IS CANCELLED!
Weather looks wet for Friday and Saturday. Rather than cancelling at the last minute and wasting your day, we’ll call it now so you can make plans.
GATE OPENS AT 3PM SATURDAY and stays open all night for the Grass Race.
Pumpkin Carving: 6:30pm
SUNDAY GRASS RACE
Grass Track: 50cc & up Bikes.
(One moto for 50cc Jr. & Sr. 50 Open will be on the small track, and you can enter both tracks if you’d like.)
50 Track: 50cc Wobbler, 50 Trail, 50 SS, 50 Jr. 4-6, 50 Sr. 7-8, 50cc Open, 65 Beginner, Trailblazer classes.
XRs race on the 50 track at grass track intermission.
Sunday practice starts at 8:30am with racing immediately following. PLEASE REGISTER ONLINE AND DON’T BE LATE TO CHECK IN AT SIGNUP! Daylight is short; we start early this weekend.
Gate opens at 4pm Saturday and stays open all night.
Gate Fee for spectators age 12 & up, and all riders:
Saturday 4pm – Sunday 6am: $20
Sunday 6am: $15
Take the fast lane at signup and don’t miss your practice!
Registration open 4:30pm – 6:00pm.
Registration opens at 7am. Don’t be late! Practice starts at 8:30.
$40 class entry fee online, $45 at the track, $25 for XR classes.
Pick up your transponder before coming to sign up, transponders rental fee $5.
Cash or credit cards are accepted for registration. Credit card required for transponder security deposit.
AMA and District 14 membership is encouraged for all racers, but not mandatory for this event.
Here’s a basic Sunday race class list. Questions on classes? Email [email protected] or call us at 269-695-6405, after Motocross of Nations, please!
- 50 Track
- 50cc Wobbler 4-8 – Beginner class; any 50cc bike is OK
- 50 Trail 4-8 & 50 SS 4-8 Limited – both classes are open to PWs and Hondas (shifters removed), KTM Mini Adventures, and other smaller 50s (the old models).
- 50 Open 4-8 – any 50cc bike, plus E50s.
- 65 Beginner & 85 Beginner – for kids who don’t want to race on the big track, are learning to shift, etc.
- Trailblazer – for kids on trail bikes who don’t want to race on the big track (typically 110s).
- Grass Track
- 50 Jr 4-6 Limited | 50 Sr 4-8 Limited (cannot enter both classes)
- 65cc: 65 Jr 7-9 | 65 Sr 10-11 | 65 Open 7-11
- 85cc: 85 Jr 9-11 | 85 Sr 12-15 | 85 Open 9-15 | 85C 9-15 (all but 85 Jr allow 150cc 4-strokes with minibike wheels)
- Girls 9-15 | Schoolboy 1 (12-17) | Schoolboy 2 (12-17) | Women 12 & up
- 125 B/C | 250 A | 250 B | 250 C | Open A | Open B | Open C
- 14 Plus | 30 Plus | 35 Plus | 40 Plus | 50 Plus | 60 Plus
- 30 Plus B/C | 40 Plus B/C | 50 Plus B/C
- NonCurrent (10 years or older model, No EFI) – 125cc & up
- Retro (1999 model year or older) – 125cc & up
- BEGINNER CLASSES: Open D, VetSport 25+ NOVICE (C and D class riders only)
The halftime XR Championship races are part of the rich tradition of the Grass Race, honoring the minibike that changed the sport.
NEW THIS YEAR … XR Unlimited Class!
Long overdue, the new XR Unlimited class joins the traditional Twin Shock and Single Shock classes this year!
Classes 1 and 2:
XR 75 Twin Shock Class (XR 75, XR 80)
XR 75/80 Single Shock Class (XR 75, XR 80, CRF 80):
- Must have correct frame and wheels for the model.
- Must have correct engine cases and cylinder for the model
- Legal modifications: Boring, porting, cams, larger carb, stroked crank, ignition upgrades.
- Maximum wheel sizes: 14″ rear, 17″ front
- Minimum age 18 to enter.
XR Unlimited Class (XR/CRF 100, XR/CRF 75 & 80) *updated 9/27/23, 12:30 pm
- Any XR 75, XR or CRF 80, XR or CRF 100 frame.
- Any XR 75, XR or CRF 80, XR or CRF 100 based engine. (XR 100 in an XR 80 frame, or vice versa, for example.)
- Legal modifications: Boring, porting, cams, larger carb, stroked crank, ignition upgrades. After-market cylinders are ok.
- Maximum wheel sizes: 16″ rear, 19″ front
- Minimum age 18 to enter.
Why minimum age 18? Because these are old bikes and mostly old guys (sorry, we’re right there with you)! Kids racing them just doesn’t fit the big picture. (We really could change the age to 40, but we’ll stick with 18.)
Prizes: Lisa’s famous and coveted custom trophies and prize $ (based on signups) for the top 3. Memories, photo ops and bragging rights for all!